This Policy is designed to protect you, our users by informing you how personal information is collected, how we look after that information and with whom we share it. Quick links have been provided to help you find the section you wish to read.
Skinnypigs Fitness is committed to complying with the Data Protection Act 1998 and The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. By using our website and our venues you are consenting to us processing your information in the ways stated here.
What information do we collect?
The information we collect may include any of the following.
- Any personal details you give us.
Information you type into the website when you become a member and create your profile, or update your member profile, provide data from other devices or visit one of our classes. This information may include your personal contact data and also fitness-related data obtained in order to create personalised fitness workouts for you. We use this to provide you with the services you request, validate your eligibility to join, keep in contact with you and to manage your account. If you contact us by email or via the website we may keep a record of your contact information and enquiry and may subsequently use your contact details to respond to your enquiry.
- Information which allows us to recognise you.
Such as Email Address or Mobile Phone number. Storing this data saves you from re-entering your details again when you return to the website to make a booking.
- Details of your transactions.
We collect data for any transactions you carry out through our website and venues, so that we can honour your booking and provide you with the services you have purchased. Please note that we never your store payment details on our website.
Information about website visits including IP address.
- The IP address is your computer’s individual identification number.
We use your IP address to capture information about website visits so we can learn more about how our customers use the website in order to find ways to improve the website and our products and services for your benefit.
- Customer feedback
We will record customer comments and surveys about how we are performing
- Sensitive data
We may ask you for information about your health in order to recommend appropriate exercise regimes. This information is used only for statistical purposes and is always kept secure.
- Your communications preferences.
We keep a record of any permissions and preferences you give us about what types of communication you are happy to receive from us.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
These are the basic guidelines we use to look after your personal data.
- We maintain secure systems to protect your personal information
- We respect your wishes about how we contact you, whether by post, telephone, email or text message
- We will update your information or preferences promptly when you ask us to
- We will respond fully to requests from you to see the information that we hold on you.
- We will not hold your personal information for longer than is necessary.
We follow strict procedures when storing or handling information that you have given us. Some information is encrypted, such as payment transactions and password.
How do we use your information?
We use your information to help us provide and improve our services for you. We may use your information in the following ways.
- to provide you with any services that you have purchased
- to check your identity
- to update our records with any new information you give us
- to notify you if we will be unable to provide a service you have booked before
- to provide marketing communications (if you have given us your permission)
- for research and analysis so we can develop and improve our services for your benefit
- to comply with legal requirements.
Keeping you updated
We may from time to time contact you about our services or products we think you might find interesting by email, by post, telephone or SMS, but only if you have given us your permission to do so.
You may opt-out of email or any other communications by contacting the support team at email@example.com
Access to the information we store about you
If you believe the information we hold about you is out of date or incorrect, please tell a member of staff at any of our classes. You will need a form of identification to request any changes. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the personal information held about you.
Links to other websites
The Skinnypigs Fitness website may contain links to and from external websites, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to other sites please note that these will be governed by their own privacy policies. We cannot accept liability for data use on those websites.
Dated: January 2016